Saturday, May 4, 2013

Today is DAY 7 - May 1

I'm a little frustrated this morning. I ate too high in calories yesterday. Just all the little things adding up. I only had a deficit of 588. It's better than no deficit, but it's not enough to get me to where I want to be.

I also got on the scale this morning. It's at 234.0. Not really down at all.

But part of this 12 week challenge is to not let myself get frustrated. Rather, I will look back over the week and see if there is any tweaking needed.

Days 1 and 2 were great.

Because I overdid it on those two, Days 3 and 4 were physical activity rest days to let my legs heal. I really couldn't have pushed if I wanted. I was really struggling with just walking. I watched my calories in. Day 3 was a little higher, but not over my ranges, so no biggie.

Day 5 was my first day back at fitness. This time I took it easier. I didn't want to hurt myself again. Same with Day 6.

I really needed to reel it in for the past few days - letting my legs heal. However, I am ready to push again.

My Strength training routine is not very hard. In fact, I'm usually out of the gym within the half hour. Well under the half hour. I know it's starting out slow. It's getting me used to lifting again. Heck, my first two days I really pulled muscles in my legs by doing both the ST and running. It was too much. So I'm not changing my St routine. It will slowly build, and I will be glad I was patient with it.

Today is a fresh start. Or a chance to finish this week of strong. I have training today. Tomorrow too. I'm not sure how long it'll go for, but I'm assuming it's an all day.

So I'm thinking I'm going to at least get running training in. I would love to get in a ST session also. Training doesn't start until 9:30. If I got off my butt, there's no reason I can't go to the gym first. It's not an overwhelming workout. Hmm. If I leave home at 8:30 I can get my plates renewed, straight to the gym for a quick workout, then to training no problems. Heck, if I left at 8:45 I could still get it all in. I think I'll do that. It gives me just under 2 hours to get my stuff together to get out the door.



I'm not happy with where I am, but there have been some setbacks this week. I did what I could to get through them without feeling defeated. Now I'm going to look at moving forward

Today's plan:
- get to the gym this morning
- make a salad for a morning snack/lunch
- training
- running after training today

Drinking lots of water, taking my Visi, and doing my best to keep my nutrition on track are also a part of today's plan, but it is every day


Today I'm choosing my hard. Hard work


I've chosen all this past week to feel sore tomorrow over sorry. I'm not going to change that now.



*********UPDATE*************
Made it to the gym this morning before training. It was so worth it. I felt great.

Now I'm home from training, and I am trying to get my motivation to go running. It's overcast. Cold. I really don't want to go. I am worn out - from training. There was a lot of information to take in today.

Luckily tomorrow training doesn't start until later in the day. I should be able to go to the gym, and go running before training.

Oh, I need to go shopping. I need a professional wardrobe for my new position. No jeans. No t-shirts. No runners. I can wear jeans/t-shirts/runners if I am helping the client with cleaning. Or if we are out doing some physical activity. But I need a change before I come into the office.

I think that settles it. I'm going to have a snack. Prepare supper. And do some extra fitness in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment