Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Today is DAY 4

REST DAY!!!



I really pushed myself yesterday. I had an almost 2.000 calorie deficit. I knew it was coming. I spent two hours last night seriously considering this. I was open to eating more, but it had to be
1. healthy
2. something that I would feel better after eating (nutritious), rather than sick (junk food)
3. I had to be hungry for it

I debated some more of my chocolate silk. It's my treat after a workout. I already had some. And the "dairy" is not so good in the evening. It makes the phlegm so much worse and I end up coughing all night. So NO.

I debated some of the GF chocolate chip cookies I have, but they violated the first two rules above. Plus I didn't really want them. So NO

I debated some frozen yogurt and berries, but again, it kind of violated the second rule. I also already had some, so NO

I settled on a cup of herbal tea. It helped me clear my lungs - they were starting to be a little congested after I got home in the evening. The tea was also good for helping me relax for bedtime.

So in the end, I didn't eat anything. I debated it, but in all honesty, there was nothing I wanted.

However, this morning I'm paying for it. I'm completely drained.

No fitness for me today. I need to recouperate from yesterday. I've EARNED this day off. And I'm going to enjoy it.

Today is a home day. Good thing. It looks like there's a possible storm coming today. Those clouds look UGLY! So I'll tackle some laundry. Make a nice supper for my hubby. Maybe even tackle some housework if I'm up for it. Definitely no running. Not even going to walk the dog. I was considering it, but no. She needs rest too.





No comments:

Post a Comment