Sunday, May 26, 2013

Today is DAY 3

I spent most of yesterday frustrated. I couldn't seem to get my self together and get out for my run. I ended up not going, and didn't even want to check my bodymedia results.

So this morning I plugged it in and checked. Turns out my gardening activities were more vigorous than I though. I not only got 80 minutes of activity, I also got 12 minutes of vigorous activity.

So by chance, it turns out I got in my activity in yesterday.

This morning, I'm still sitting here in my fog. I tend to wake up in a fog sometimes. Today is one of those days. I guess the overcast skies outside are not helping.



Not getting my activity/supplements in just makes me feel like a failure. It's simple really. A minute out of my day a few times for supplement and it helps with energy/strength/appetite. 30minutes out of my day for my activity. It really isn't that much at all, but the benefits are so worth it.

emoticon progressing in my training
emoticon Heart rate dropping
emoticon Legs and lungs both getting stronger
emoticon Endorphins. Can't forget the endorphins after a good hard workout
emoticon Knowing I've EARNED it
emoticon Knowing I've done all I can to reach my goals
emoticon Being able to eat a little more to help keep my energy up.

However, when I don't do what I need to do

emoticon Guilty feelings about not following through for myself
emoticon Falling behind in my training
emoticon Worry that I won't be ready for race day
emoticon Getting weaker
emoticon No progress on my weight loss
emoticon Constant internal nagging. I really hate this one

I don't get how I can even consider not getting what needs to be done done. The regret of not doing it far outweighs the effort to just get it done. Seriously.







I realize one thing again. Loosing weight is hard. It's no cake walk. If it was, there would be no overweight/obese people out there. It's the hardest thing I'll ever do.

So why do I keep thinking it'll be easy emoticon
I honestly have no idea. All I know is this 'belief" is keeping me stuck. I've got to change it. Realize just how hard I actually have to work. Realize my body is adjusting to my running. It won't be enough to loose weight this time. I need to do it - I'm signed up for a race this fall. Until the race day has past, as long as I'm pushing myself on my running - meeting my training challenges - I will let it count as my activity. When I can, I'll push beyond it. If I can't, I'll forgive myself. I don't believe in no pain no gain.

Time for me to get my butt up off the couch. I have supplements to take. And a run to get ready for.

Hope you all have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment