Friday, May 10, 2013

Starting over again tomorrow

I'm not mad. I'm actually more determined than ever right now.

I started a 12 week challenge. Today was supposed to be Day 16. But yesterday I started thinking. I've had to take too many days off. The first week, two days were off injured. I still let those go. I watched my nutrition and listened to my body. So I counted them as days working towards my goal.

This week I caught a wicked cold. It's still kicking my butt. But yesterday was my second day this week off. Today was day 3 that I was going to miss my fitness.

That's what did me in. I had to face that my illness/injuries was keeping me from actually working towards my goal.

I've also decided I need to clarify my definition of a successful day as well.

A successful day will include:
- sticking to my nutrition/calorie balance. I will continue to track every bite I eat. I need to stay within my ranges on SP. My calorie ranges are 1450-1800. I will allow an overage IF and only if I am OVER a 1,000 calorie deficit.

- a 850 calorie deficit. This is the MINIMUM deficit that I will accept as a successful day. If I am over and above the 1.000 calorie deficit, I will accept eating over my 1800 calories. For every 100 calorie deficit, I will be okay with 50 extra calories in my nutrition tracker. That means I can eat 50% of any calories OVER 1000 that I burn. I don't have to. I'll just allow the extra if I need to eat more to support my activity.

- one day a week is my fitness break day. ONLY one in seven. I MUST have one day off every week. No fitness. Just rest. Again, I MUST stay within my calorie ranges that day. Ideally I will want to aim for the low end of my ranges, but I will accept anything in my range.

I know it sounds a little confusing, but I understand it. That's what matters most. I need to clearly know what a successful day is. Now I do.

I will allow some days for illness in addition to what is listed above. I will do my best to have a 1,000 calorie deficit every day. If I'm too sick, I will listen to my body and accept it. I will do my best to make that my one day a week that I need to take off from fitness. If all of this fails, I will allow 3 days in the 12 weeks for illness. Any more and I will re-start my challenge again.

I just got my Visi 5 Day Trial pack today. It's a regiment with 5 days of supplements. I will also be starting it tomorrow, and tracking daily for those 5 days.

By the way, if you are interested in the Visi program, message me. I have signed up as a distributor. I LOVE what the supplements have done for me so far, and I can't wait to see how effective these new ones will be also.

No comments:

Post a Comment