Sunday, February 10, 2013

Today's Kick in the Butt

I've had something weighing heavily on my mind for a week or so now. So I did something about it. Actually, I did everything in my power to deal with this. I need to believe in what is done, and put it away. There is no more to do. At least not right now. And I'm good with that.

Now onto today. It's the first day of this week for me. I am finally 90%+ pain free. I'd honestly say closer to 100% even. It's been a good couple of days. So no more excuses to not do what I need to do.


I need to do laundry today. I've let it pile up too long. time to take care of business. Funny thing. It's the same with the dishes. It's not actually work. it's sorting, put a load in, and press the buttons. But I let it go and go and go. Anyhow, that just means I will have enough to do all full loads.

My small stone of the week this week includes drinking enough water, tracking my food, dancing (3x this week), and fitness(3 runs, 3 ST sessions) If I do this right, I will still have one day off this week. It not, I'll at least have one easy day, with just some dancing to do on that day. lol

My decision now is do I do my ST, or my running today. Either one is okay.

Well, if I have to admit it, I'm kind of dreading the ST. I have issues with the gym. I blogged about them earlier. Basically, in a nut shell, I'm self conscious about going to the gym. I haven't been going much in years. I'm trying to do exercises I've never done before. I am not feeling confidant in it yet.

Maybe that makes it the best choice to do for today. Get out there today. The gym should not be too busy. I can get in and do what I need to do. I could even get in some dancing right after. That'll kill 2 of the 9 stones in one trip.

My first dancing session? I need to work on frame and core strengthening. Home and Play. Foot positioning. And turning - I'm thinking swivels today.



What's more important? Reaching your goal? Or doing what you want right now? And why in the world is what I want right now to just curl up on the couch and sleep? Why don't I want to get up and get out there?

I think I need an attitude adjustment.



I really hate that I need to keep dealing with my attitude around fitness. There are some simple truths when it comes to nutrition, fitness, and health


This time will pass you by, whether you use it to your advantage or not.


It doesn't take a lot of time to know you've done what you need to do. Heck, it's easier than sitting here "shoulding" on myself because I "should" get out there and get it done. Once it's done, I can bask in the knowledge that I've done it.




Well D'uh! I'm stick in the laziness end of the cycle right now






If I want to get closer to this, I need to work for it. Period.



Time to go start working it off. RIGHT NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment