Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Well, I did it.  I finally got to the gym. 

Actually, I went on Monday right after work. 

What I did I wasn't really going to call a workout, but based on how I'm feeling today, it definitely was.  My core/abs are a little sore.  So are my legs. 

I didn't overdo anything.  It was more to get moving again.  I mainly used my body weight as resistance.  Ok.  I get it.  Yes, I've got plenty of body weight. 

Anyhow, the point is, I can feel it.  I'm not in overwhelming pain and that's a good thing.  But the fact I can feel that I did workout is good.  It means I didn't completely waste my time there the other day.

I'm looking forward to actually making progress at the gym.  Starting to actually use weights.  Seeing just how strong my body can get.  Being able to get through an entire set of pushups, or ab work.  Heck, even two sets. 

In the meantime, I know I'm on the right path.  I can feel it. 

Now to just overcome the frustration.  I am frustrated at how crowded the gym was.  I couldn't even get near one of the machines I needed to use.  I am not interested in going to the gym to have to sit there twice as long as I need to just to wait for a turn on a machine.  That's not me.  I want to get in, get to work, and get out. 

I may have to re-think the time I go.  I'm just worried.  If I leave it until the last thing of the day, I won't be able to sleep.  I also will be more likely to just skip it. 

I hate these issues.  I am hoping the gym is just crazy due to it being January.  I'm going to do my best to stick it out for a while.  See if I can't find a way to turn my thoughts towards something more positive.  Find a way to tolerate the situation better. 

If not, then it might be time to think of other alternatives.  I just have no idea what they might be.  Working out right before bed is not a good one.  And there really are no other gyms in town - this small town life SUCKS. 

I think my best bet is to try to turn my thoughts.  Find ways to tolerate the issue for now. 



Time for me to find a way, not an excuse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment