Sunday, January 13, 2013

Today's struggle

I am motivated. That's not the problem.

I am tired. If I were to focus on it, I'd say exhausted. Realistically, I'm just plain tired.

I got a LOT of fitness in yesterday. Much more than I have in a long time. And my carbs were low at the end of the day. I was high on my calories, but low on carbs. I've been low on carbs all week long. Top that off with not getting enough sleep last night... I haven't slept well in a
couple of days either, but definitely not enough last night.

I'm already having the arguments with myself.

emoticon You kicked it yesterday. Excellent burn. Now rest

emoticon I know I did well yesterday. The biggest thing I did was prove to myself that I could do anything I set my mind to. And I've set it to keep focused on my goal.

emoticon Rest. You can still get to your goal. You can't kick it like that every single day.

emoticon I know. But I'm only taking one day off a week. Do I really want it to be the FIRST day of this week? Serously? Besides, I can take it a little easier. I don't have to go out there and kill it. I just have to get out there and move. If I don't I'll come up 550 calories short on my calorie burn.

emoticon Awe, come on. Just melt into the couch...

emoticon What's wrong with you? I just suggested a compromise, and you're still stuck on "just don't do it"??? Take that mask off. SHOW ME WHO YOU REALLY ARE!

emoticon Okay, I'm busted. But you know you want to listen to me. It would feel SO nice to just melt into the couch for today. You earned it.

emoticon No. What I did yesterday is yesterday. If I want to reach my goals, I need to make babysteps EVERY DAY in the right direction. Melting into the couch has gotten me to expand to where I am today. I can't slide back. And I'm not willing to throw in my "day off" card for this week yet. I want ideally to save it until the end of the week. Or for a day I really need it. Not to just use it up willy nilly.

You have to go back to where you came from. I need to prove to myself I can do this. I'm sick of letting those around me talk me out of doing what I need to do to get it done. I'm even more sick of talking myself out of it.







Enough said?

I know I can't expect my body to be all ready to go and take over the entire world today. I'd be worried if it was. It would mean I was wrong in my perception of how much effort I put in yesterday.

But I can't let it tell me to just sleep it off.

I'm not in pain, I'm just a little tired. Get moving. The tired will pass. And it will help me sleep better later today.

I still haven't found a valid argument to not go out today. So I guess that's my answer.







See y'all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment