Saturday, January 12, 2013

Today's Kick in the Butt



I think this image sums up a reality many of us are struggling with facing. Not only is fitness a HUGE part of this journey, so is nutrition.

I got to see that this past week. I didn't do much fitness, so I focused on nutrition instead. I got on the scale today. I'm at 234.8lbs. It's not a huge loss, but it's not an increase. I haven't weighed in weeks and weeks. I know my weight went up above 240lbs. I couldn't face that, so I avoided the scale.

But this morning told me I'm on the right track.

I know. Weight fluctuates through the day, and it will likely be back up to 236 again right after breakfast. I won't let that get to me. I'm taking my lowest number of the day as my number. So today it's 234.8

It's the weekend now, and I have all the time in the world. Time to make me a priority. The fitness will have so many benefits.


1. Energy expediture. It will burn calories. Plain and simple.


2. Mood stabilization. I need some way to vent off some stress.

I couldn't really find a fitting pic for this one, but trust me, it happens. I'm pretty sure you'll get what I'm saying.
3. Getting this process started. I know I'm going to have some freak outs. I always do when I start to loose weight. Emotional freak outs. My body also reacts funny. Tries to get me to eat everything in sight. I need to keep track that I'm eating enough proper fuel, and not padding.





I think about this journey, and how I am progressing - or lately not progressing - on it. I'm frustrated daily. Many times a day. The only way to stop this is to give up on myself and just get really fat, or do something about it. I can't keep sitting here doing nothing and waiting, waiting, waiting.



I know better than to expect overnight results. But if I want to get to the finish line, or the top of this mountain, I need to start taking steps. Yes, I'm proud of the steps I've started to take this week already. Now to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

The hardest pound to loose is that next pound. You have either been sitting on it for far too long, or you worked your butt off to loose that last one. Either way, the next one is so much more work than the last one. You can't sit back and think "I've done so great yesterday, I can stop today" NO WAY. There is always something to do. If it's your fitness rest day, focus on nutrition, water, and sleep. Those play a HUGE roll in this journey as well. Or if you are like me, you don't have many rest days. I tend to focus on one area one day, and another the next. So the rest day for the first area, is a workout day for the other. With one exception. I do have one day off a week. I try to save it for the end of the week. But if I'm sore, sick, whatever, I will use it. ONLY ONE A WEEK. So once it's used, there is NO ACCEPTABLE EXCUSE for not getting dressed and getting out there.


Deep down in my heart I know this. Now to just make my outside match it so the rest of the world can see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment