Saturday, January 19, 2013

Today was a frustrating day. Mainly due to a frustrating weigh in.

But with the way things have gone today, I get it.

My blood pressure has dropped very low again. I usually don't have issues with low blood pressure in the winter. But today between TOM - it's heavy and quite painful today - and running all week, I'm blacking out every time I stand up.

I got out my electrolytes to help balance things out. Should be okay by tomorrow.

So I don't feel so bad about how things went today. It was a wake up. Showed me just how hard my body is struggling right now. Time to take care of it. Not that I wouldn't have earlier. This has just made me more aware that it's time to pamper a bit before I kick butt again.

It's time to look at what I want to tackle next week.

I read Yoovies blog last week. Or was it the week before? Anyhow, the blog where she recommended The New Rules of Lifting for Women. I ordered it online. Got it a few days ago. Read it today.

Then I spent today getting my log pages together. I re-created them all in excel so I can just print it out, and it will tell me exactly what I need to do with each workout. The back of each page has some instructions on how to do the exercises.

I'm thinking next week will be the week to start to tackle this. I haven't done strength training in the gym for years. Train 3 days a week. Run 3-4 days, depending on whether the cross training is enough of a break to go all 7 days. Or if I need one day off a week, I'll still do that. Either way works.

So tomorrow is my day to put together my small stone of the week. I'm looking forward to that. I might even go to the gym and start my strength training on Sunday instead of Monday.

Guess we'll see how I feel. It all depends on whether or not I can get rid of these dizzy spells.

Anyhow, off to bed. Hope you all have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment