Monday, August 27, 2012

Where I am now, and where I want to be in 14 weeks

14 weeks because that's when the Las Vegas Half Marathon is.

Now:
emoticon 226 or so lbs.
emoticon XL, 33, 14 clothing sizes
emoticon Can't run a full 15 minutes without a break
emoticon Still having stomach pains

As far as I'm concerned, the clock is ticking on these.

I want to be:
emoticon Able to run - I want to finish the half marathon in about 3 hours. That doesn't mean run the whole time. It means much more endurance. If I can run/jog for a full 90min, I will be happy.

emoticon I would love to be closer to Onederland again. I am not going to focus on this though. It is more of a side effect of the running.

emoticon Food wise, I need to figure out all that I need to deal with nutritionally. I know I need to be gluten free. I've also discovered sugar is not good for me - I have horrible reactions to sugar. Pork is also on my no list. I want to find out what else I should avoid, or at least limit in my diet. That means getting back on the cleansing diet 100% so I can follow through with the testing.

emoticon There is no dollar sign emoticon, so I'll use a star. I am starting on a journey to build my retirement savings. I want to see some progress there. I also will want to have some $$ to spend in Vegas.

emoticon I know, it's more part of my nutrition, but I need to get back up to my full hydration/electrolyte balance for training

So, now I've clearly defined where I am, and where I want to be. Unfortunately, there is a time line on this too. Luckily, I have a 12 week half marathon training program. I also will need to get much more strict with my nutrition/hydration, but I'm sure I can do it.

Now it's time to lay out the steps to get from here to there.

No comments:

Post a Comment