Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Today's Kick in the Butt

I am sitting here struggling to get up again. I know. What else is new.

The olympic mens gymnastics don't start for a couple of hours, so now's the best time to get out there and get 'er done.



The next few days will be difficult for me to get my fitness in - road trip and I'm the one driving. I NEED to make today count. Heck, I need to make every bit of time I have available to me count. It's just the way it is.



You want this? Then prove it.

Yes, the journey to get there is hard. If it weren't everyone would do it. That's reality.

Are you strong enough to do it? No doubt about it.

So what's holding you back today? If this is truly one of your passions, and a priority for you, then prove it. Prove it to anyone who can see your actions. Prove it to you.



You KNOW this. You will always be wishing you had done what you needed to in order to reach your goal. It isn't just going to go away because you are having a bad day. All that goes away is your motivation to actually get up and do what you need to do. Period.

No matter what you do for the next hour, the time will pass you by. That's reality. Are you going to make the most of the time? Finish the hour feeling accomplished? Or are you going to sit here on the couch, and in an hour start this whole process over again? That is the reality. The feeling that I need to get out there and push myself won't go away. It'll just keep weighing heavily on me until I do.

The scale dipped down to almost 223lbs the other day. It's back up a little now - no moving much, and eating too much of everything including salts, no wonder. I can change all of this. I can get that scale to not only hit 223 again. I can get it to go below that. So far below it that I won't see 223 again.

I don't see 236, 239, 240+ anymore. This IS working. I AM GETTING THERE. But now is not the time to quit.

Yes, my progress has been slow. Doesn't matter. It's still been progress.

You can make that scale get below the 220's. You are not that far away. Yes, right now it's hovering around 226. No biggie. You've gotten it to dip to 223. If you push it, you can get back there soon. Within a week I'm hoping. Then 2 more weeks of pushing and you could possibly see the 220's go away for good.

The only way you're going to get there?


Yes. The magic equation. Again. It's the only way. It's the road map to where I want to be.

Nutrition. I can focus on this while sitting here. Meal planning. Finding recipes. And cooking in the kitchen. I need to put more work into this also, but for me, that's the easier part.

Fitness. That's the part of the equation I'm struggling with right now. To get up off the couch and get out there and do it.

Those are the two parts that will get me to where I want to be. They are the only way. There is no other path.

Time for me to get up off my butt and get out there. The run is only 30minutes long. Add warm up and cool down, it's about 40 minutes. Fresh air. Sunshine. Well, not so much sunshine today. It's a little overcast. Nice too. No heat.

Just get out there and do what you need to do. You can spend the rest of the day knowing you did what you needed to do.



*********UPDATE************
I'm back from todays run.  I only made it half way, but it's better than I've done in days.  I KNOW I can finish tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment