Monday, July 16, 2012

Today's Kick in the Butt

I took yesterday off. Let me re-phrase that. I didn't go out of my way to get in fitness yesterday. Rather, I spent the day in the kitchen canning. So my calorie burn was way up there, and I really got a sweat on with all the heat...

Anyhow, today it's time to get back to it. My first thoughts

"argh! I so don't wanna...."

Not really sure why. Reality is it's overcast out - that means cooler for my running. Even if it starts to rain, no biggie. I get some of my best runs in out in the rain.

I'm not really drained/exhausted like I am some days. Between my exercise, and the heat, I'm downright exhausted some days. This morning I just feel kind of blah.

We all know how to kick Blah to the curb right? It's called move move move. Fitness and exercise helps kick blah's right out of your mind. There's no room for blah's when the endorphins move in.

I am just getting my cereal together - batch cooking some quinoa for the week. The plan is to eat, drink some water, get on the shoes, and go run C25K Week4day2 - run9minutes, walk1minute and repeat 3x. I know I can do it. I did the 8/1 run on Saturday on my way to the farmers market. Running a different route and through traffic is hard. It is hard to keep focused. Concentrate on what I need to do, but I did it.







I KNOW I've got it in me to do this. I KNOW I can do this. I am actually starting to look forward to the endorphins that will come when it's done.





********UPDATE***********
Back from todays run. I kicked it's butt. C25K week4day2. Done!!!

Avg hr was 143, so I was obviously working it.

No comments:

Post a Comment