Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Just had a telephone conference with my naturopath. 

My LDL cholesterol is a little high, so we are dealing with it using olive oil.  It's not high enough to need medications or anything like that, so it's all good.

I am going to start taking B12.  Apparently my numbers are half of what he'd like to see.  We never did get vitamin D done either.  There are also a few more blood tests he'd like to have done, so I am waiting to see if there is a way to get them done other than sending them to the US - big expenses to go that way. 

I also have bacterial issues in my gut.  I am low on good bacteria.  I don't have bad bacteria.  But I am over-run with the middle of the road ones.  The ones that just take up space, do nothing good or bad.  So the plan is to wipe out these ones, and then replenish my system with good ones.  It will take 2 weeks to wipe out the bad ones, then 4-6 weeks to replenish the good ones. 

Then after this is all done, it'll be a good time to start to re-introduce foods. 

So I guess I'm not starting re-introduction this week after all.  No use re-introducing things to see how I react to them until my system is fixed. 

So I guess it's two more months of this cleansing.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I guess I'm getting used to it, so it shouldn't be that bad, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment