Saturday, June 30, 2012

I am pissed off today.

Pissed off at Terry/Tammy, but that's for another blog.

Pissed off at the scale.  I've been working my a$$ off all week, and it actually went up.  I'm getting sick of playing this game.  Work hard to see the opposite of what you are working for.  Give me a friggin break!

Pissed off at my body that's aching today.

Pissed off that even though I've worked so hard, and am aching, the scale still went up this week.

Pissed off at always being hungry because of this cleansing diet.

I am taking a day off from exercise soon.  I was planning on doing it tomorrow, but now I'm tempted to do it today.

I know.  I won't get anywhere if I throw in the towel and let this kind of anger dictate my next actions.


The reality is the sun is shining out today.  The birds are singing.  Lee wants to go for a bike ride.  Maybe I should get dressed and go with him.  Then go straight into my daily run.  Just get it all over with all at once.

It could be raining later today, or even tomorrow.  There is no good reason to not go today.  The only thing standing in my way is my attitude, and today it's a bad one.

The worst part, I think I know why I'm not loosing weight.  And that pisses me off even more.  I KNOW what's going on, and here I'm letting it happen.  Okay, so I'm not just letting it happen.  I am struggling to find things I can eat on this cleansing diet.  Since I'm struggling with it so much, I'm skipping my snacks.  I'm hungry throughout the day.  My body is in starvation mode.  So even though I'm burning over 1000 calories more than I'm consuming every day (often closer to 1500), I'm not loosing any weight.

I NEED to adjust this.  I NEED to find healthy snacks.  I need to eat more.  Especially if I'm going to keep stepping up my fitness.  I don't want to back down from my exercise.  It's going to do my body a lot more good to keep exercising and just eat more, than it will to back off the fitness.

I found a recipe to make sweet potato chips - oven roasted of course.  I just need to get a slicer that can handle slicing those things.  They are HARD!  I am thinking of ordering one for my Kitchenaid, but it'll take about 2 weeks to get here.  I wish I had it now.  I might go to Walmart and see what I can find there.  Or maybe the shredder I have has a slicer side to it.  I never thought of that before.  Hmmm.  Guess I can go look.  I can make do with that until I can get another one.  I also have a recipe for a chipotle dipping sauce for them.  Yummy!  It sounds like a nice snack, and not overly calorie laden.

I still need to find more snack items, but I think this might be a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment