Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 23 Update

Okay.  Something's gotta give.  I am still having sugar fits like crazy.  Not all the time, but enough is enough. 

Obviously what I'm doing isn't working.  So what should I be doing differently?  I am eating so many fruit, I can't possibly eat anymore.  I eat easily 3 cups of chopped fruit in salads daily, plus any I add to things like my breakfast - about 1/4 cup of dried berries.  I also add frozen berries to the smoothie I make after supper every day.  I am getting sick of fruit already. 

What else?  I can't just live on  the smoothies I am making.  I figure one a day is MORE than enough.  They have home made dairy free ice cream with no added sugar, frozen berries (again no added sugar), and soy milk.  It helps with my ice cream and sugar cravings.  But there's no way I'm going to start eating only them.

There has to be another way to deal with this. 

Maybe this sugar thing is all in my mind.  I am starting to realize I've got some emotional stuff going on in the background too.  Guess it's time to blog that garbage out.

But for this blog, I need to come up with some concrete ideas of how to deal with this.  I can't even have a snack.  I am already doing freggies beyond belief, so suggesting I add more is just pissing me off more.  I am obviously lacking something.  I just don't know how to identify it right now.

I have soy milk and non-dairy ice cream to replace my dairy.  It seems to be working. 

I have started making my own tomato sauces and BBQ sauces since I can't have commercial ones - all have citric acid and/or sugars added.  I like mine much better anyhow.

I am having buffalo steak quite often, so I guess I don't really miss beef steak.  I have even had ground bison burgers.  Yummy!  Top them all off with my own BBQ sauce, and I'm not missing out on anything there at all.

I have not replaced eggs.  I won't.  I can not have eggs or egg substitutes.  Instead, I've learned how to cook quinoa.  Add a little aguave nectar, some soy milk, and a handful of dried berries and I've got the tastiest breakfast I've had in years.  I cook up 1 cup of dried quinoa, and it lasts me all week long.  It doesn't take much, and I've got energy to spare for the morning.  Lots of protein in that little mixture. 

I am not snacking much during the day, mainly because I can't figure out what to snack on.  I have fruit salads, vegetable salads.  I don't want to eat a smaller version of my last nights supper every day for lunch, although I am tending to quite often these days for some variety. 

So what else am I supposed to do? 

I have a recipe to make some Gluten free rhubarb crisp.  We have rhubarb out back in the garden.  I'll be substituting for the sugar and the butter, so I hope it turns out good.  But I can't turn to higher/empty calorie snacks either.  2-3/week is okay, not not 2-3/day. 

So I generally just don't snack.  One thing I've noticed, I'm almost always hungry.  I don't like that.  I'll bet that's a huge part of why I'm having so much sugar cravings. 

I guess I've gotta get my butt in gear and figure out what to feed myself, especially for snacks though out the day.  But without sugar, dairy, eggs, some fruit, it gets harder and harder. 

Guess I could start to snack on some of the nuts we have.  As long as they are not peanuts, or processed, I can have them.  But they are high fat, so I'll have to watch that.


No comments:

Post a Comment