Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Today's Kick in the Butt!

It's been a long time. I haven't blogged. I haven't exercised. I haven't even tracked all my food.

Last week, I arrived at work to find we were flooded out. We were going to be out of work for a week or more. My first thoughts - Yippee! I can get my fitness back on track. Really focus on what I need to do for me for a week.

Well, that didn't happen. Instead, I went off. I did transport my motorcycles back to Calgary. I've been wanting to do that for a while now. It's a good thing.

But now I'm stuck in this lethargic pit. I know. An object at rest tends to stay at rest until a force starts it in motion. That's what this kick is hopefully for.

I joined the DIY team. There is a challenge starting on July1. I need to do some stuff to get ready for it.

1. Do the check in list
2. Take before pics.

I also need to:
emoticon Weigh in
emoticon Take measurements
emoticon Post a pic of my current state
emoticon Decide what my goals are for this next week.
emoticon Maybe even re-define my mountain.

I haven't really lost any weight in the past few months. I need to make some changes.

One thing I've noticed, when I was progressing the momentum was enough to keep me going week after week. Now, nothing. I need to re-gain that momentum.

This time, I've almost given up on seeing weight loss on the scale, since it wasn't happening.. That has to change. I need to DEMAND losses. Really push myself. I think not expecting them lead me to not push that little extra in order to see them.

So, as crappy as I feel today, I'm going to move forward.

Right now, my running schedule is too overwhelming. But I do need to try and get out and move today. Even if it's just a 10minute walk. I need to MOVE!

I am also going to do what I can to get all this "other" stuff taken care of and out of my way.

I remember how great it felt to be loosing weight. I apparently forgot how hard it is, but I do recall how good it felt. I remember how great I felt to be noticed, and not because of my muffin top. I want that again.

I can get back to Onederland. It's only just over25lbs away. And the next lb is the hardest one to loose!

So, today's plan:
emoticon Do the check in list
emoticon Take before pics.
emoticon Weigh in
emoticon Take measurements
emoticon Post a pic of my current state
emoticon Decide what my goals are for this next week.
emoticon Maybe even re-define my mountain.

emoticon Drink at least 8 glasses of water
emoticon Look up my Hammer supplements for running?
emoticon Go for at least a 10minute walk.

I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment