Friday, June 3, 2011

New Running Schedule

I finally sat down yesterday and put this together. I haven't really reviewed it yet, except to see where I already have podcasts I can use, and where I will have to create some new ones.

I am a little leery though. For example, week16 might be more than I can handle. It has a total of 758minutes of running that week. That's over 12hours! But it is generally following the same principles as my other running trainers, that I am able to do. It's just building so much more time. I am just such a slow runner. I figure I want my longest run to be about 6hours. But I will confess. If I reach 27miles in under 6hours, I will stop. I only need to know I can finish the marathon in under 6.5hours.

Maybe I will need to switch things up when I start to get way up in time. Run either a shorter tempo run, or fewer reps on my speed training. Keep in mind, I start these other runs working on speed or tempo. But when push comes to shove, I just focus on finishing. Slow and steady. One foot in front of the other. Besides, it is a gradual progression...

I really don't know. But I'm going to try...

All I can do is my best right?

No comments:

Post a Comment