Monday, May 23, 2011

My 200 Day Journey - Day 53

I am feeling well beyond sluggish today.  I just don't know if I can make myself want to do this today.  But I'm going to do my best.


Are you going to choose to stay stuck right here.  You are not happy here.  Things will not change on their own.  YOU HAVE TO DO IT.


This won't happen on it's own.  You tried that.  Look at what it got you.  Definitely not this. 

No one said it would be easy.  If it was, everyone would be thin.  No one would struggle with their weight.  It's worth it.  I'm worth it. 

Days like today will tell you what your made of.  Are you just wanting it?  Or are you willing to really work hard for it?  Push yourself to new limits to get there.  Push yourself to do it even when you feel like you can't. 

Internal check:  Is my body telling me not to?  Not really.  I feel sluggish, but that's a lack of energy.  Muscles are all okay.  Lungs are mending well, and a good workout shouldn't hurt them. 

Environmental check: Looks a little overcast.  No downpour.  No snow.  Should be okay to get out there and just do it.





Where is she when I need her?  My internal super hero trying to get out.  Pushing me to be my best every day.

Apparently she's taken the day off.  Now I've gotta find it in me to get there. 

Okay, this isn't working.  Different approach.

The next hour is going to pass you by no matter whay you choose to do or not do.  You can either sit here, feeling weak and tired.  Just fall asleep in the chair.  Feel stuck, and become stuck.

Or you can get off your butt.  Do the hardest part - get changed and get out the door.  Make yourself get started.  Make use of this next hour.  Finish it strong and proud.  Imagine how great it will feel to get back here all sweaty.  Having burned a few hundred calories.  Ready for that shower.  And not just because today is a new day.  But because you actually went out there and earned it. 

Muscles will love you for it.  Heart and lungs.  Skin will look and feel so much better. 

A body at rest tends to stay at rest.  A body in motion tends to stay in motion. 

You only fail when you stop trying.  Nothing can take the place of persistence. 

Besides, do you really want to look like this in October?

You might feel like this, but do you really want to look like this???

My first day back out on the pavement will be tough.  No matter if it's today, tomorrow, or next week.  It'll be tough.  The biggest difference will be the day after.  You will be starting to regain momentum.  You will be ready to tackle long runs.  Even craving them again.  I need to get back there.  ASAP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment